Wednesday, June 22, 2011

oh cancer you are too funny! part 1

     Before I begin, let me hammer the point that cancer is not funny.  Especially for those of us living with the fucker and dealing with it's "little" consequences.  It affects everybody around us in ways I never thought possible.  True I do intend to use a little bit of dark humor and in some cases a little joke or two, but that's not my underlying point.  I do hope that all of you can read beyond that.  The message is clear and it's all about KICKING LEUKY'S ASS!

Hello friends!
     It's about time I tell you how this little "relationship" started between me and that annoying unwanted girlfriend that never went away called CML (chronic myelogenous leukemia) for those not familiar with the term and I'll spare you the other details about this very sour BIATCH!  The exact date that this creature moved in with her matching Chanel and Gucci bags full of white blood cells I cannot pinpoint but I started to feel her " charming personality" as soon as I started coughing, which by the way I thought it was allergies.  The cough in itself lasted about 3 month but little did I know it was my new girlfriend moving in and redecorating the apartment without us even knowing she was around and not even contributing to the rent.
     At the 3 month milestone the old hag decides to give me a enlarged spleen.  Something along the lines of 3 times the size of a normal one, and let me just state that all this time I don't even have a clue that I have this "nice" and "adoring" girlfriend giving me all these amazing gifts and it's like she just decided I was her soulmate and that we were meant for each other! WOW talk about fatal attraction! And she just didn't stop giving, oh no!  The BIATCH just turn on the charm at full force!  Here's a small lists of stuff she found "charming" to give me.
FATIGUE- which I blamed on work.
WEIGHT LOSS- which I blamed on my running and exercising
A DRAGGING FEELING -which I blamed on my laziness and my lack of motivation to train for my 4th ING NYC marathon (yeah sorry to put this out there but I'm very proud of running 3 marathons so I had to gloat a little)
oh and let's not forget my LOSS OF VISION in one eye which quickly prompted me to take steps and find out what was "wrong" with me.
     And boy did I ever find out!  I had a new girlfriend and by the looks of it she was here to stay, for good!  Like that annoying roommate everybody had in college that just kept eating your Doritos and drinking your diet cokes and never ever replacing it, well multiply that by infinity and then you will have a glimpse of what I'm talking about.
     Of course my real girlfriend finding out about this was no walk in the park.  All this time we all have been having a threesome and not even knowing it! actually she is pissed and livid at the whole ordeal, that she even didn't get a memo about this menage a trois! but my girlfriend is a rock and is very open and frankly did we even have a choice??  So we let the old hag move in and let her live with us and of course we are not happy and yet we have to deal with this unwanted guest!
     "Wait there's hope" says my doc! "There's Gleevec"!!
      What I will call my trial separation from this 3rd wheel my clean brake from this BIATCH that has invaded every fiber of our lives.
     EVERYBODY REJOICE!  Gleevec is coming!  Yay, I am CURED!  Stomp leuky! Yay.
     .....Or so we thought!
                                                              to be continued.............

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Please continue to post your writings!

    Danean

    ReplyDelete